Thursday, October 14, 2004

 

Family, Education, God and Work

Greetings! I am starting this blog because of the gentle yet persistent suggestion of my husband who is a big fan of blogs (and talk radio) and feels that I may have something to say. Actually, he knows that I have something to say because I am often going on about something. Hey, maybe he wants me to start this blog to give me another outlet for my ramblings and give his ears a rest.... I digress.

A psychiatrist, wife, mother of 2, homeschooling advocate, Christian conservative, African-American describes who I am. I have a special interest in issues of marriage and parenting and helping people to build stronger communities through church and family. I am horrified at the state of education in America today and I keep abreast of news in the field. I urge everyone to regularly check out www.EducationNews.org to stay informed on important issues in education.

I worry about the large numbers of our children diagnosed with mental illness and I challenge our society as a whole to consider causes, prevention and alternative treatments and lifestyle changes to address these problems.

I am always spending time considering how to be a better wife and mother and how to get everything done that a working woman needs to get done without going insane. I believe in the power of relationships to heal and the relationship that is my most treasured is my relationship with the Creator.

At this season in my life, I struggle with following God's will for my life as I re-create and expand my career to reflect my values and goals. I hope to be an inspiration to others who may be facing career transition as they pursue the call on their lives and embark on new and unfamiliar pathways. It is my prayer for all who read this blog that you will be blessed by reading this. I look forward to your comments.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?