Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Another Day of Purpose

Today seems to be in a fog. It is a gray and cloudy day. Despite that, I seem to have a sense of peace before a storm, as if change is on the way. Despite my philosophical ramblings, today is in fact a day much like any other. Getting breakfast, cleaning up, getting everyone dressed, checking my e-mail, working on my book proposal and in the midst of it all trying to remember throughout the day how much I love my children, love my husband and love my life. It is amazing how quickly I can forget that if I do not consciously take the time throughout the day to do that.

I have a new schedule based on Zones of activities that my spiritual mother Toni helped me to put together. I really appreciate that at the transitin time between Zones, she has designated that I should perform a spiritual check-in. I love that idea and it keeps me from getting too preoccupied with any negative or unproductive thoughts. Those thoughts just seem to be waiting by the gate, ready to pounce on you any time you are not alert to their presence.

Meanwhile Chase is busy singing as he plays with his trains. A happy kid, praise God! Sometimes I wonder if I am giving him all that he needs but times like these make me a little less worried.

The fact is that God is good. Whatever happens today, He has equipped me to handle it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?